As spring approaches, there should be a spring in your step. Wedding season approaches, and brings with it receptions, music and dance.
If you are a bride-to-be (and especially if you are a groom-to-be), dance lessons at Fred Astaire Dance Studios of Bardonia, New York might be as important as choosing the right caterer. As the couple at the center of everyone’s attention, your grace on the dance floor will leave your family and friends impressed and envious of how beautifully you two move together.
Let us give you five reasons to consider wedding dance lessons:
- It helps you conquer your fears. Not comfortable with all eyes on you? Well, that first dance with your new spouse is a command performance. At Fred Astaire, practice makes perfect. And we’ll make sure you get plenty of practice with other students. Learning to waltz, foxtrot or swing dance takes a little time, but will put to rest your concerns about the big moment.
- Get comfortable dancing with different partners. You and your future spouse may feel like you know how to dance with each other but that doesn’t mean you are doing it correctly. If you only dance with your fiancé, you may be reinforcing bad habits. This could make for an awkward situation when you have to dance with your in-laws at the reception. Your dance lessons will have you prepared and eager to show what you know.
- Practice makes perfect. You need time on the floor and classes will provide you that time in a stress-free, fun atmosphere.
- See what you like! The more you enjoy a certain dance, the more confident you will feel and that will show on the dance floor. Beginner classes are a great way to learn many different steps and practice with others.
- Learn to dance spontaneously. Once you’ve mastered some of the fundamental moves, you’ll be on your way to the dance floor the next time you go out on the town. It only takes a few beginner classes to gain the basic moves and boost your confidence.
We recommend beginning your lessons a few months prior to the wedding. This will help minimize the stress associated with the weeks leading up to your big day! Consider it an investment in confidence, pleasure and happiness. Contact us now at Fred Astaire Dance Studios of Bardonia, New York.