Why It’s Important to Dance
August 24, 2015
Do you have time for yourself?
Most people don’t nowadays, which is why dance can be an important respite from the craziness of it all.
You may never have considered dancing. Many people don’t! But still, it’s important to dance. And here’s why.
- Dancing combines physical activity, social interaction and mental stimulation to become the perfect all-in-one exercise. It truly can enhance your life, on many levels.
- Dancing improves your cardiovascular system, increases muscle tone, and burns calories. It’s a low-impact activity that increases flexibility, strength and balance.
- Dancing helps build an air of self-confidence, and a natural ability to enjoy yourself in social situations.
- Dancing leads to greater creativity, motivation and energy. You’ll not only feel confident on the dance floor; it will spill over into every aspect of your life!
- Do you have any way to express yourself? Dancing can be that outlet for you. As you move your body, you add passion and flair, bringing out and building your ability to be expressive any time, anywhere.
When in our adult lives do we have time or opportunity to make new friends? Dancing is one great way! Our weekly dance parties, nights out, competitions and fun excursions are great ways to meet fun people whose energy is contagious.
- Remember when I mentioned how crazy-busy our lives are? Dancing gives you a chance to slow down, to relax, to relieve stress, to reconnect with your soul.
- Finally, the best thing about dancing is that it’s so much fun. Add excitement to your life…dance.