Get ready to swing into April next Friday, the 6th, with two fantastic events we have planned.
We kick off the night with our Live Music Guest Party at 7 p.m. That’s right; we will have a live band in the studio to take this party up a notch! Your only job is to bring a friend and introduce them to the wonderful world of ballroom dancing at FADS Brandon!
Following the Guest Party, we will literally “Swing Into Spring” with our Swing Night Party! Doors will not open until 8PM, so bring a friend if you show up early!
Just to refresh your memory, here are 5 reasons why we love the West Coast Swing:
- You can choose almost any type of music to dance to. You’ll most likely be able to dance to your favorite songs with the West Coast Swing since it can be fast or relaxed, soft or authoritative. This makes it a great fit for pop, rock, blues, jazz and anything in between.
- It’s an equal partnership dance. The WCS is a conversation between each dancer; the leader may start the dance, but the follower can jump in and change the direction of the “conversation” in order to add some zest of their own. This constant interplay keeps this dance fabulously exciting.
- You can incorporate other dance techniques. Since the West Coast Swing is basically made up from every other dance we teach, you can take advantage of previously learned dances. However, this means that we don’t necessarily recommend starting your dance journey with the WCS.
- You can keep it casual. Yes, we know ballroom dance is usually very proper and fancy but the West Coast Swing likes to the break the rules a bit. If blue jeans and a t-shirt are more your style, the WCS has got you covered.
- Creativity is highly recommended. Out of all types of ballroom dances, the West Coast Swing gives dancers the most flexibility when it comes to being creative. Of course, proper technique is still very important but with the West Coast Swing we encourage personalizing your movement and letting your imagination take the lead.
Don’t miss your chance to dance to a LIVE band with your FADS Brandon family and new friends! Your ticket into the door is a guest! We’ll see you all for the Swing Night Party at 8 p.m.!