Fred Astaire Dance Studios®’s primary concern is always the health, safety and well-being of our Students and Staff. We are carefully monitoring this situation, and are following the latest updates from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are also in close contact with our host hotel (Sheraton New Orleans) regarding their official position on upcoming events, and protocols being put in place to help keep guests healthy. They have advised us that they are following CDC guidelines for cleaning; hotel staff are utilizing disposable gloves (and changing them out often), providing extra tissues, positioning extra hand-sanitizer stations on every floor, at every lobby desk, and at every meal service; and that all meals will be served “Cafeteria Style” by a gloved attendant. Click here for additional detail from the hotel, regarding their efforts to ensure a healthy stay for our event attendees.
We are actively monitoring a variety of sources, including the CDC, World Health Organization and U.S. state, county and local health authorities. We are also closely watching for updates and recommendations from the Louisiana Governor’s Office, Louisiana Department of Health and the New Orleans Health Department. At this time, the Cross Country Dance Championships 2020 will be held in New Orleans as scheduled.
In the meantime, we encourage the following:
- Check the CDC guidelines and updates, and follow all personal care recommendations
- Follow good hand-washing practices
- If you are planning to attend CCDC, we recommend not booking hotel rooms outside of our block, as those rooms are often prepaid and non-refundable
- Be sure to verify your airline’s cancellation and travel insurance policies as part of booking your flights. Click here for a listing of current airline policies for cancellations and changes
- If you are sick, have been in contact with others who are sick, or are under self-quarantine, please do not attend CCDC. Our normal cancellation policy will apply; you will receive either a full refund or a credit to another Competition this year, and we are waiving the requirement to present a doctor’s note
- Eat well and stay hydrated, and rest whenever possible to keep your immune system strong
- Bookmark this page for additional updates
If you have any questions or need additional information, please speak with your Dance Instructor or a staff member at your Fred Astaire Dance Studios® location. We look forward to seeing you in New Orleans next month.