Lessons & Activities
Studios offer instruction on Private and Group levels as well as Practice Sessions and at every Fred Astaire Franchised Dance Studio, learning how to dance is made to feel easy and fun!
On your first lesson, you’ll learn the basic elements on which all dance patterns are based. By the end of your first lesson you’ll be on your way to dancing!
The fastest and most convenient method of learning to dance is through private instruction. Private lessons consist of one student or a couple working with one instructor. These lessons provide the most benefit and ease for learning to dance since all material is catered to the individuals learning ability and desire. A couple may have one or two instructors, according to preference.
The process of learning to dance is offered in a tiered or leveled program called the Trophy System as not to overwhelm the student or couple.
Below is an explanation of the different programs we offer:
1. Beginner Program (Trial Membership) – This session is designed to do 3 things for you, the student:
1. Introduce you to the Fred Astaire North Canton Ballroom & our proven teaching system.
2. Give you the confidence, in yourself, that you can learn to dance.
3. Give you the confidence in our 5 Star Professionally Certified Instructors, that you can & will want to learn from them.
During your Beginner Dance Program, one of our 5 Star Certified Professional Instructors will introduce your to a variety of slow & fast dances like what you have seen on ABC’s hit show Dancing with the Stars. This is a great way for you or you and a partner to learn some of the basic elements of dance, the different tempos of music, and to get an understanding of what you would like your dancing to do for you. This is our first stepping stone in teaching students to becoming confident and comfortable social dancers.
2. Social Foundation – After you have an understanding of the basics and elements of your Beginner Program, you will have a chance to design a program with your instructor to fit your lifestyle, your dance desire, and to help achieve some of the wonderful benefits dance has to offer. This program is designed to solidify the basic elements of your social dances while enabling you to “Hold Your Own” in any given social dance situation. When completed you will have an understanding of footwork; an introduction to the various dance tempos, whether fast or slow, and the fundamentals of a good lead as a man or following factors as a woman. This program also provides an excellent stepping stone to our next level of instruction – the Bronze Trophy System.
3. Bronze Trophy – The Bronze Program contains the perfect blend of style, technique and versatility in the most popular dances. More then 85% of all of our students use the Bronze program to “cement” their knowledge of dance so they may use it throughout the rest of their lives. Social Bronze Dancers learn a wide variety of steps in all the popular dances while enhancing their step patterns, appearance, partnership, and expression. In a short period of time the Bronze social dancer gains the fun, poise, and confidence which enables them to dance with a variety of partners to a variety of music. Dancesport Bronze Dancers learn all the social aspects but continue on the road to dancing proficiency as they learn the techniques of exhibition styling. This not only improves their social dancing, but allows them to enter the competitive arena with a wealth of dancing knowledge.
Become a Fred Astaire North Canton Ballroom Groupie© & learn some of your favorite Ballroom, Latin, and Swing Dances in an exciting, fun, economical and friendly Group Lesson atmosphere. It is easy to get started today.
Pay-As-You-Go: Each Group Class is only $15.00 per person. As an added bonus, for the evening you take your Group Class, you can upgrade and attend our Social Dance Party for only an additional $5.00 per person. This first level will introduce you to our fun, high energy, group sessions. After your first experience of Ballroom Groupies© we are confident you will leave wanting more. Give us a call today (330-497-3237) and start your Ballroom Groupies© Membership!
For Wedding Dance Memories That Will Last a Lifetime…
We know how important your Wedding Day is, and we can help make it even more special! At Fred Astaire Dance Studios, we customize our Wedding Dance Instruction Programs just for you, to give you both the confidence and skills to show off your elegance, style – and maybe even a little personality on the dance floor, on your wedding day. We’ll help you create a special “First Dance” that’s totally “YOU” – be that elegant, contemporary or just plain fun. Amaze your family and friends with your new-found dance skills, and enjoy magical wedding memories that will be yours forever.
When they announce at your wedding….. “The bride and groom will begin their lives together with their first dance,” what will you do?
Don’t leave one of the most important parts of your special day to chance. This will be the first time all of your loved ones see you together on the dance floor as husband and wife. You can make it something truly special that you will want to watch on your video over and over again when you have the Fred Astaire North Canton Ballroom custom choreograph your first dance together to the song of your choice. We will work with you on any dance you choose: Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango, Rumba or any other type of dancing with your special song. You’ll be able to go out on that dance floor with the confidence you’ve always wanted for your special day, and leave your guests wanting more.
We also feature special packages just for you and your entire wedding party. This could include the parents of the bride and the groom, as well as all members of your wedding party. The choice is yours.
Pearl Wedding Package
- 4 Private Lessons
- Group Classes & Practice Dances (Providing 1 Private Lesson is taken per week)
- Includes instruction on patterns that are designed to get you moving comfortably during your “Special Song”
- $400 per couple
Diamond Wedding Package
- 8 Private Lessons
- Group Classes & Practice Dances (Providing 1 Private Lesson is taken per week)
- Includes Basic Choreography (Walk on & Ending) to your “Special Song”
- Music Consultation
- $800 per couple
Platinum Wedding Package
- 16 Private Lessons
- Unlimited Group Classes & Practice Dances (Providing 1 Private Lesson is taken per week)
- Includes full choreography to your “Special Song” highlighting instruction on exhibition moves such as dips and poses
- A rehearsal performance at one of our in-studio social dances
- Music Consultation
- $1,600 per couple
The Fred Astaire North Canton Ballroom is the place to help you put your style and grace in the spotlight. Truly be the star of your own wedding, as you glide across the floor in the most important dance of your life. The memory will be yours forever, and you will be able to have the gift of dance to share for the rest of your lives. Contact the Fred Astaire North Canton Ballroom for current tuition information.
Call today, and let’s talk about your dream wedding dance!
- Your Wedding Day First Dance
Your First Dance is an everlasting expression of your love and commitment – for you and your new spouse, as well as for the special guests celebrating with you. From a few simple steps to get by to a fully choreographed routine, we can help make your first dance as unique as the rest of your wedding day.
- Father/Daughter & Mother/Son Dances
A memorable Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance is a wonderful complement to your First Dance. Including your parents (or the special friends or family members who will be standing in that traditional role) in your wedding dance is a wonderful way to show your love and appreciation. We’d recommend also scheduling a few wedding dance lessons for them, too.
- Wedding Party Dance Routines
Looking for something really memorable? We can choreograph a “YouTube-worthy” wedding dance for the whole wedding party, that’s set to your favorite music! Extend those special wedding day moments with an awesome routine you’ll want to re-live, again and again.
Your Day, YOUR Wedding Dance Experience
In just a short amount of time, our certified Dance Instructors can help you learn a few basic steps, so you’ll feel at ease and confident on your wedding day. Have something bigger in mind? We can choreograph the whole dance with you – even include the wedding party! There are no hard & fast rules – so you decide on the plan. We do recommend scheduling your lessons at least a month before the ceremony (and further in advance, for more involved routines) so give us call today for a consult. Bring along your favorite song, pictures of your venue, wedding dress… everything you’d like to share, to help us make your dream dance a reality.
Have Fun Along the Way To Wedding Day!
Wedding dance lessons are a great way to have fun and relax before the Big Day. With all the decisions, schedules and deadlines involved in wedding planning, enjoying this time together that’s just for you can help you both de-stress and re-energize – and we promise you’ll have lots of fun doing it! Contact us today, and give everyone at your wedding a dance to remember.
Our unique teaching system includes a Three Tiered Method of regularly scheduled private instruction as well as group lessons and practice lessons:
Private instruction, with one or more key teachers, gives you the specialized and personalized attention necessary to look and feel great on the dance floor, while developing the ability to lead or follow any partner. This is where we perfect and polish your dancing while moving at your own pace.
Group lessons are also a necessary part of instruction because this is where patterns, technique, and style are learned. Equally important, group lessons provide you with the opportunity to meet other students with similar dancing goals, develop balance, and learn the mechanics of dancing.
Practice lessons are a great practical application of what you are learning in your program because they complete the lesson information taught in our private and group lessons. Learning is one thing, but making the material work in a live setting while dancing with different people is quite another. The practice lesson will put everything together as well as aid in music identification and help you to learn not to run into other people on the dance floor. You can meet other students and practice your leading and following skills in a fun, relaxed environment! Teachers can tailor their private lessons based on how they see their students progressing.
Our dance instructors are highly skilled and trained to help you learn using the unique Fred Astaire Method. Hailing from around the world, our teachers are actively competing, award-winning professionals and gifted educators. Many of our teachers have degrees in the fine arts and all have passed rigorous exams given by the Imperial Society of the Teachers of Dance and/or the Fred Astaire Curriculum certification.
Our Trophy System
We offer the Fred Astaire Trophy System as an easy way for you to track your progress while you enjoy dancing! Our Beginner and Social Foundation Programs teach newer students the step patterns and techniques to move around the dance floor. From there, a student can progress to either Social Bronze or Advanced Bronze. The main goal of either Bronze level is to get our students to the point where they can dance on any size dance floor, to any music, with any partner and feel comfortable and confident. The Social Bronze focuses more on social dancing and the Advanced Bronze is for students looking to progress beyond “just getting by”. From there, our students can move onto the Silver level and then all the way to the Gold!
Our dance curriculum covers the full range of American, Latin-American, International Style, and Exhibition/Theatre Arts dances. World famous dance champions and registered judges on the Fred Astaire National Dance Board constantly study and review our curriculum to make sure that only the finest, up-to-date programs are being offered to our students.
Trial Membership Gift Certificate*
Our Trial Membership will introduce you to the basics of both slow and fast dancing. These dances include the Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, Rumba, Cha-Cha and Swing.
Your Trial Membership Includes:
4 – 40 minute private lessons
Bonus Group Classes (Friday 8:00pm) – Ask your teacher for more details.
Complimentary admission to our Friday Night Practice Dance (8:45-10:00pm)
*Trial Membership offer for new adult students only. Previous students are not eligible.
All sales are final. No refunds, exchanges, or credits. Thank you!