Studios offer instruction on Private and Group levels as well as Practice Sessions and at every Fred Astaire Franchised Dance Studio, learning how to dance is made to feel easy and fun!
On your first lesson, you’ll learn the basic elements on which all dance patterns are based. By the end of your first lesson you’ll be on your way to dancing!
The fastest and most convenient method of learning to dance is through private instruction. Private lessons consist of one student or a couple working with one instructor. These lessons provide the most benefit and ease for learning to dance since all material is catered to the individuals learning ability and desire. A couple may have one or two instructors, according to preference.
The process of learning to dance is offered in a tiered or leveled program called the Trophy System as not to overwhelm the student or couple.
Below is an explanation of the different programs we offer:
1. Beginner Program (Trial Membership) – This session is designed to do 3 things for you, the student:
1. Introduce you to the Fred Astaire North Canton Ballroom & our proven teaching system.
2. Give you the confidence, in yourself, that you can learn to dance.
3. Give you the confidence in our 5 Star Professionally Certified Instructors, that you can & will want to learn from them.
During your Beginner Dance Program, one of our 5 Star Certified Professional Instructors will introduce your to a variety of slow & fast dances like what you have seen on ABC’s hit show Dancing with the Stars. This is a great way for you or you and a partner to learn some of the basic elements of dance, the different tempos of music, and to get an understanding of what you would like your dancing to do for you. This is our first stepping stone in teaching students to becoming confident and comfortable social dancers.
2. Social Foundation – After you have an understanding of the basics and elements of your Beginner Program, you will have a chance to design a program with your instructor to fit your lifestyle, your dance desire, and to help achieve some of the wonderful benefits dance has to offer. This program is designed to solidify the basic elements of your social dances while enabling you to “Hold Your Own” in any given social dance situation. When completed you will have an understanding of footwork; an introduction to the various dance tempos, whether fast or slow, and the fundamentals of a good lead as a man or following factors as a woman. This program also provides an excellent stepping stone to our next level of instruction – the Bronze Trophy System.
3. Bronze Trophy – The Bronze Program contains the perfect blend of style, technique and versatility in the most popular dances. More then 85% of all of our students use the Bronze program to “cement” their knowledge of dance so they may use it throughout the rest of their lives. Social Bronze Dancers learn a wide variety of steps in all the popular dances while enhancing their step patterns, appearance, partnership, and expression. In a short period of time the Bronze social dancer gains the fun, poise, and confidence which enables them to dance with a variety of partners to a variety of music. Dancesport Bronze Dancers learn all the social aspects but continue on the road to dancing proficiency as they learn the techniques of exhibition styling. This not only improves their social dancing, but allows them to enter the competitive arena with a wealth of dancing knowledge.
Become a Fred Astaire North Canton Ballroom Groupie© & learn some of your favorite Ballroom, Latin, and Swing Dances in an exciting, fun, economical and friendly Group Lesson atmosphere. It is easy to get started today.
Pay-As-You-Go: Each Group Class is only $15.00 per person. As an added bonus, for the evening you take your Group Class, you can upgrade and attend our Social Dance Party for only an additional $5.00 per person. This first level will introduce you to our fun, high energy, group sessions. After your first experience of Ballroom Groupies© we are confident you will leave wanting more. Give us a call today (330-497-3237) and start your Ballroom Groupies© Membership!