With a handful of weeks left of summer, there are plenty of opportunities to spice up your social life with social dancing. During the warm months it is easy to get out and find activities and events that help you relax and enjoy the beautiful weather! And social dancing is not just for couples, bring your friends along with you.
Ballroom dance is a great way to get closer with a partner and a fun way to hang out with friends. Ballroom styles like Salsa, Merengue, and Swing are all dances that bring on that summer heat. From weekly group classes to nights out on the town, there is something for everyone’s taste. Dancing is also a carefree and casual way to make new friends within your community.
As summer comes to an end, people are done vacationing and everyone is back to work. Don’t get stuck in the grind, keep summer alive by searching out opportunities to show off your social dancing skills. Not a comfortable social dancer yet? Fred Astaire Dance Studios of Illinois can help! Start with a private lesson package at one of our 8 Chicagoland locations and use your sizzling new dance skills outside the classroom.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to try out your sizzling social dance moves:
1. Your local country club or dance hall. These venues have great ballrooms, and frequently host dinner dances or live music on weekends and holidays.
2. Bars and restaurants. There are an amazing amount of Chicago bars and restaurants that hold dance nights! Everything from live Jazz big bands to Salsa Sundays to Country dance nights can be found throughout Chicago and the suburbs.
3. Private event. Whether a wedding, gala, or back yard barbecue, social dance adds fun and excitement to your personal and family events.
4. Festivals and concerts. Why just watch and listen at your next outdoor concert on the green? Dust off your boogie shoes and try out your favorite swing or hustle moves!
5. Cruises and resorts. Many cruises, resorts, and travel destinations offer social dancing and live music for your enjoyment. Say yes to that salsa on the beach lesson, or show off your style and grace at that next cruise dinner.
Showcasing a new skill like ballroom dance is a gratifying way to impress your friends and family. They might even want to join you in the fun. Fred Astaire Dance Studios of Illinois has 8 convenient locations in and around the Chicagoland area. Our studios in Burr Ridge, Northbrook, South Barrington, St. Charles, Park Ridge, Mokena, Long Grove, and the West Loop are the best place for you to start your social dancing journey. Make your summer sizzle, social dance!