COVID-19 Studio Update:
As the novel coronavirus situation continues to unfold, Fred Astaire Dance Studios® – Wappingers Falls is committed to keeping our studio, team members and students safe.
We are excited to let you know that as of July 7th we are able to reopen the studio in full capacity! We are so eager to get you back on the dance floor and for you all to see the new space! In order to make sure we are opening in a safe and comfortable way for everyone, and to make sure we are following NYS regulations, we will be making a few adjustments here in the studio.
These are a few things that we are doing in the studio to prepare for your arrival:
- First of all, prior to re-opening we took all of the necessary precautions and cleaning and sanitizing the entire studio according to the CDC guidelines.
- We will be setting up sanitizing stations throughout the studio for our staff and students to use during studio hours.
- We have adjusted our booking schedule to accommodate for best sanitizing practices in between lessons. We will still be teaching or regular full 40-minute lessons, but we will be booking them within 1-hour time blocks instead of blocks of 45 minutes. This gives each student and staff member adequate time to properly sanitize at the beginning and end of each lesson, the staff a chance to thoroughly sanitize ALL touch points in the studio, and for students to change their shoes and check-out before the next student arrives.
- We will be teaching no more than 4 private lessons at once to allow for proper social distancing on the dance floor. We will adjust our schedule accordingly to allow for these new best practices. For the time being, we will be re-opening with only private one-on-one lessons and socially distanced group lessons in the studio. We will not be hosting practice parties until it is safe to do so.
- We will still be offering virtual lessons!!! If you don’t feel comfortable coming back to the studio yet, please request a private virtual lesson.
- All of the staff members will be temperature checked daily and will be required to fill out a screening questionnaire. If any of our staff members are sick or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, they will be asked to stay home and self-quarantine.
- We will be wearing face masks according to CDC guidelines and ask that you arrive wearing yours as well. We will be providing masks and gloves if necessary.
- We will be closing our water and coffee station and ask that you please bring your own water bottle with you for your lesson.
So what you can expect when you come to the studio for your lessons:
- When you arrive, each student will do a temperature check and fill out a screening questionnaire. Please DO NOT arrive earlier than 5 minutes to your scheduled lesson for your safety and the safety of the students who have lessons before you.
- When you’re done checking in, we will ask that you move directly to a designated area of the ballroom to change your shoes. We are asking that you please arrive dressed in your dancing clothes to avoid needing to use the bathroom as a changing room.
- At the same time, students and Instructors will both be asked to wash their hands thoroughly directly before and after each of their lessons, while making sure to sanitize their hands regularly throughout the lesson.
- After washing your hands at the end of your lessons, we will ask that you head straight to your designated area to change your shoes and check-out if necessary. While we love you all and can’t wait to catch up with each and every one of you, we ask that you please avoid congregating in the waiting area before and after lessons. When possible, to avoid extra contact, we ask that you please schedule and pre-pay for your lessons over the phone.
- If you are feeling sick, have been exposed to Covid19, or are exhibiting any kind of symptoms, we ask that you please stay home!
We are SO excited to see you all again soon, we can’t wait for you to see the beautiful new space, and we are thrilled to be getting back on the dance floor. We want to make sure we open up the studio properly and safely for everyone and appreciate your help and understanding to make this happen! Please feel free to call us at 845-297-2711 if you have any questions at all or to set-up your new lesson schedule.
Fred Astaire Dance Studios Dutchess Team