Nov. 5-9 Sponsorship Week at Houston Memorial. This is the week where students can sponsor their instructor, which signs them up for Festival Month. Festival Month begins Nov. 12 and ends Dec. 15. This is a month where we celebrate our students for using our system of teaching and improving in their dancing by setting goals and striving to achieve them. It’s a month filled with parties and prizes and tons of fun! Be a part of this. Talk to us at the studio about Sponsorship Week.
- On Tuesday, Nov. 6, we have Albina Habrle in the studio. She is a 19-time undefeated Fred Astaire Professional Open Rhythm Champion, a World Professional Open Rhythm Vice Champion, a four-time World Professional Rhythm Finalist, and a three-time US Professional Open Rhythm Finalist. This is your opportunity to get some coaching from someone who competed at the highest levels of dance. Talk to your instructor about setting up a time with Albina.
- On Saturday, Nov. 10 from 6-10 p.m. we have Spotlight, which is a chance for students to enjoy a lovely meal and perform their dances. It will take place at The Heights Villa and have a live band for social dancing in between acts of the show!
- Friday, Nov. 16 brings regional dance director Alan Fenwick to the studio for coaching. Alan is a coach, an adjudicator, an 8-time Fred Astaire Open American Smooth Champion and a respected choreographer. Again, talk to your instructor and book your time with Alan to get coaching from an amazing professional.
- On Sunday, Nov. 18, from 2-6 p.m. our Houston Memorial studio will be hosting Mini Match!! It’s basically like a giant pep rally where students come to dance and win points every time they are on the floor. At the end of the event all the points are added up and the winning studio is announced! This is great fun for everybody involved.
And finally …
- Friday, Nov. 30, and Saturday, Dec. 1, mark Lonestar, which is one of our regional competitions. It will be taking place at the Westin Oaks Galleria. The students will compete during the day and then at night the professional competition takes place (only on Nov. 30). On Saturday, the students compete once again during the day and at night we have a huge dinner with live music, dancing, and a professional show. This is not to be missed – it a wonderful affair that you will long remember.
Told you we loved November. Busy, busy, busy. We expect we will be seeing you quite often for a month filled with visiting coaches and fun events in and out of the studio.