As women, we constantly are looking for ways to look young, beautiful and healthy. Sure, facial creams and body slimming garments make us look good on the outside, but what about the inside? Keeping the body in motion through dance is a great way to make you look and FEEL great inside and out. Dancing has many benefits for the female body and mind, including strengthening your bones, increasing blood circulation and boosting self-confidence. Here are some of the top 10 benefits of dance.
- FOREVER YOUNG. Dancing slows down the aging process and helps in keeping you looking young! When you dance, your cardiovascular system improves and your muscle tone increases.
- BURN BABY, BURN. CALORIE INFERNO! Dancing helps your body burn calories, while improving your stamina. You body burns approximately 5 to 10 calories per minute while dancing, depending on speed and intensity. For example, Mambo and Swing burn more calories than a Slow Waltz.
- BRAIN WORKOUT. Dancing is a mental exercise for our brains. It helps you remember steps, routines and dance patterns. Increasing mental exercise keeps your mind alert and young.
- STRONG BONES. Dancing helps prevent and treat osteoporosis. For post-menopausal women, estrogen levels drop and less calcium is absorbed into the bones. Dancing can also help to prevent arthritis, because it keeps the joints lubricated.
- BETTER BALANCE. This low-impact aerobic activity increases flexibility, strength, and balance. Dancing strengthens your core and your reflexes.
- GOOD CHOLESTEROL. A healthy body thrives on good cholesterol (HDL). Dancing helps control the lipids, which increases the HDL and lowers the LDL (bad cholesterol). Dancing is also great for diabetics because it supports blood sugar control.
- CULTURAL EXPERIENCES. Dancing opens our minds to new cultures. Dance studios can teach you dance styles from Latin America like Salsa, or the Walz, originating from Austria. You can step to the beat to all sorts of worldly music!
- SOCIALLY SATISFYING. Dance lessons are an easy, low-pressure way to meet people. While some people like to stick to the same dance partner, you can always dance with someone new. Having friends help you grow, laugh and provide support as you learn.
- HAPPIER LIFE. Dance increases your endorphin levels, which puts you in a better mood. This helps heal stress, depression and increases self-confidence. Dancing lets you have fun and live a happier life.
- ROMANTIC REWARDS. Many romantic dances, like the Cha Cha and Tango, require you to get close and personal with your dance partner. Not only is dancing a great way to meet new people but if you already have that special someone, dance is a great way to rekindle that spark!
Fred Astaire Dance Studio wants to help you live life to the fullest. Come join us at our Huntington dance studio and get started with our Introductory Special which is only $50 for this limited time!! Our classes are great for beginners and all dancing levels and of course, no partner is required!