Your Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Lake Houston wants to make sure you take good care of your body as you learn to dance and practice your steps, whether it’s just for recreation or in training for one our many regional and national competitions.
So here are a few tips that will help make your dancing healthier, safer and more fun. You are probably doing many of these things already, but just as a little reminder …
- Move with as much grace and fluidity as you can. You’ll fall hypnotically into the dance and you save stress on your feet, knees and back.
- Don’t try to do too much too quickly. Dancing involves repetition and practice. Take the challenges on one by one. Don’t rush and possibly wind up frustrating yourself. Let the pace come to you.
- Stretch gently before any dance sessions. Any loosening up before dance is good for the body, and so is some stretching afterwards. Flexibility is important to form and to feeling good.
- Feel free to ask your instructor about your form. Good form helps prevent injuries and, of course, improves your general look and feel on the dance floor.
- Drink plenty of water, especially if you engage in some of the more energetic dances, like salsa. Stay hydrated!
That’s all for now. See you soon. For the best in ballroom dance instruction – group lessons or private classes – Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Lake Houston is your choice. Learn the rumba, Paso Doble, swing, foxtrot or waltz. Improve your health and social life when you join the Fred Astaire family.