On September 22, 2017, Fred Astaire Memphis held our Fall 2017 Spotlight Show at Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Germantown to showcase our students’ efforts.
Our spotlight show has two purposes:
1) To feature our brand, new students demonstrating what they have been learning on their lessons. All of these students have had less than 15 private lessons. Some have had as little as 1 private lesson. It takes a lot of courage to get up and dance in front of a large group of people, so let’s show our appreciation with lots of applause.
2) To highlight our Spotlight students. All of these students are enrolled on Bronze or Silver level programs, and all have a well-established foundation for good social dancing. Through Spotlight Exhibitions students have the opportunity and freedom to discover and create their personal contribution to the world of dance.
Our advanced students have always been very encouraging of our new students, which is the #1 reason our studio is thriving. Everyone is happy!
We are very proud of our students. Our Memphis school is recognized regionally and nationwide for the high dance standards we have.
Benefits of Showcases for Students
- Add to their personal style.
- Deepen their knowledge and skills.
- Develop a clear choreographical concept.
- Make use of clearly fitting music.
- Unite choreography, music, and appearance.
The Benefits of Dancing
Dancing isn’t just about the steps and music. It’s a perfect combination of physical activity, social interaction, and mental stimulation. Dancing enhances your life in so many ways.
When you dance, your cardiovascular system improves, your muscle tone increases, and you burn calories. This low-impact aerobic activity also increases flexibility, strength, and balance. Olympic athletes often dance as part of their training to sharpen their control, agility, and speed.
Dancers poses an aura of self-confidence and an ability to enjoy themselves more in social situations. When you learn how to dance, our entire mental outlook will take on a fresh sense of creativity, motivation, and energy. This new self-confidence in your dancing abilities will transfer to other aspects of your life.
Dance provides a creative outlet so that you can reflect your feelings through your body movements with passion and flair. Dancing is natural and anyone can learn to move and express their feelings through these movements, it just takes practice.
Dancing lessons are an easy, low-pressure way to meet people. Fred Astaire Dance Studios provide weekly practice dance parties, nights out on the town, regional and national competitions, as well as fun trips to many different locations. Our lessons are the perfect place to rediscover romance – dancing your way to love!
Dancing is a great way to add excitement to your life. Although learning to dance takes concentration and dedication, you will be constantly surrounded by artistic, cheerful people who make learning a pleasurable and rewarding experience.