We Paired Our Favorite First Dance Songs & Styles For Your First Wedding Dance
January 31, 2018
We’ve married our favorite weddings songs with their perfect dance style match. Whether you are dreaming of a traditional wedding or a unique celebration to match your personalities, we’ll help you choose the perfect dance for your first spin around the dance floor.
Been dreaming of that fairytale wedding entrance with prince charming leading his princess across the floor? Add a little magic to your special day (and maybe a few tears) with a classic waltz with your new spouse.
Write your own story with one of our favorite Waltz songs:
- Nora Jones- Come Away With Me
- Gravity – John Mayer
- What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Franki Valli
- It Had To Be You – Harry Connick, Jr.
Break tradition with a swing style first dance. Swing dances include the jive, Lindy hop, and West and East Coast swing. Swing is a flexible and energetic dance perfect for lively couples looking for creative first dance.
Romantic. Energetic. Unique. Our Favorite Swing Songs:
- Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra
- I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm – Ella Fitzgerald
- Always – Sarah Vaughan & Billy Eckstein
- Cheek to Cheek – Ella Fitzgerald
- Somebody Loves Me – Bill Elliott Swing Orchestra
Float across the floor in the wedding dance of dreamers. The foxtrot, with its slow, long, and flowing movements, will have newly weds dancing on cloud nine.
Pair the foxtrot with any of our favorite wedding songs below:
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Come Fly with Me- Frank Sinatra
- Moondance – Van Morrison
- Fly Me to the Moon- Frank Sinatra
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
- When I’m Sixty-Four – The Beatles
You’ve vowed to love one another ‘till death do us part’, now express your love with a sensual first dance. The Rumba is the perfect latin dance for beginners with a slower box step than other forms of Latin dance like mambo, salsa and cha cha.
Bring the passion with our favorite Rumba songs:
- Endless Love – Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
- Falling Into You – Celine Dion
- More – Andy Williams
- You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder
- Save The Last Dance For Me – Michael Buble
- Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
If you are a bride or groom considering professional dance classes to prep for the big day, let us make learning how to dance feel easy and fun!
Our studio offers instruction on private and group levels as well as practice sessions for bride and groom, mother and son, father and daughter, and anyone else in the wedding party!
Contact us today to learn more about our customizable wedding packages and special offers!