Pam Rutherford – Studio Owner, Manager, Dance Director, Certified Professional Dance Instructor, Open Professional Competitor, Pro/Am Competitor
Ask any professional ballroom dance judge, coach or competition organizer if they know Pam Rutherford and most likely the answer will be, “Of course I do!”. Known for being extremely modest, altruistic and cordial, Pam is one of the best in the business and it is very fortunate to have her as the Dance Director at Fred Astaire Quad Cities.
Pam began dancing and competing more than 35 years ago. She was trained by the very highest level coaches from around the world. Known throughout the country as an expert dance technician (one who completely understands the mechanics of body movement), she has the rare gift of being able to correctly assess and help any level of dancer achieve greatness, whether it be a social dancer or a professional competitior. She competed professionally in all major competitions around the country for 22 consecutive years, consistently either winning or placing in the finals.
Because of this, you can be assured that by learning from her or one of her instructors you are learning the correct way to dance from your very first lesson.
- In the ballroom business since 1978
- NADTA certified dance instructor – graduated top of her class
- Competed professionally for 22 consecutive years in over
200 competitions in the Professional American Rhythm and
Professional American Smooth divisions
- Won over 160 awards in national and regional professional
- U.S. National Finalist 1992 – Professional American Rhythm
- Competed against several National Champions in American
Rhythm and Smooth
- Competed in over 160 Professional/Amateur competitions, her
students placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd 90+% of the time
- Trained in both American and International styles
- Taught over 4,500 students and over 20,000 hours in the past
- Taught groups as large as 200 students
- Has been teaching 2 particular students for 30 consecutive years
- Recipient of many top teacher awards
- Member of the National Dance Council of America (NDCA) since its inception
Just a few of her competition achievements:
- 1st Place Open Professional American Rhythm Houston Open
- 1st Place Professional American Smooth Rising Star Wisconsin State Dancesport Championships
- 1st Place Professional American Smooth Rising Star Cleveland Dancesport Championships
- 2nd Place Professional American Rhythm Rising Star Heart of America Dancesport Championships
Pam’s extensive training is from the very best in the ballroom business. Her coaches and teachers include:
- Corky & Shirley Ballas (3-time World Champions and 8-time undefeated US Champions- International Latin)
- Sammy Stopford & Barbara McColl (World Champions – International Latin)
- Stephen & Lindsey Hillier (3-time World Champions – International Standard)
- Bob Powers (12-time undefeated US American Rhythm Champion, 3-time World Mambo Champion)
- Ron Montez (7-time undefeated US Champion International Latin, World & British finalist)
- Glen Weiss (2-time World Champion – International Standard; Blackpool, UK & European Champion)
- Peter Eggleton (3-time World Champion – International Standard, 3-time British Open Champion, 6-time UK & European Champion, Coach & teacher to many world & national champions; the teacher’s teacher)
- Shirley Johnson (2-time US International Latin Champion)
- Rick Valenzuela (US International Latin Champion)
- Sam Sodano (Owner of the Ohio Star Balll & co-owner of several other major competitions)
- Glenis Dee (2-time US representative to the World Championships plus many International Latin championships)
- Marianne Nicole (US Rising Star American Style Champion, undefeated US Theater Arts Champion, North American Latin Champion, US representative to the World International Latin Championships)
- Robert Richey (World and Blackpool International Latin finalist)
- Wendy Johnson (New Zealand Ballroom and Latin Champion, World Class choreographer)
- Rufus Dustin (US Champion in American Style, International Latin and Theatrical Arts)
- Pierre Alaire (Canadian National Champion International Standard and International Latin)
Lindsey Rutherford – Certified Professional Dance Instructor, Open Professional Competitor, Pro/Am Competitor
Lindsey has been ballroom dancing since she was 3 years old. Her first competition was with her father at the age 4. She began teaching professionally in 2003. She appeared on the Disney’s 2007 TV Christmas Parade. Watch HERE.
And, she also appeared on WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) in March of 2013. Watch HERE.
She has competed in the Professional American Rhythm division since 2003, placing in the finals or semi finals of competitions around the country with her partner Jonah Schneider. They placed 3rd in the United States National Professional Rising Star American Rhythm Division and they also advanced to the semi-final round of the World Professional Open American Rhythm Division at the prestigious and world’s largest ballroom and Latin dance competition, The Ohio Star Ball, in November 2007.
See Lindsey and Jonah’s latest public demonstration HERE.
She has trained with many U.S., World Champions and DanceSport Champions, including Shirley Ballas, Riccardo Cocchi, Yulia Zagoruychenko, Corky Ballas, Sam Sodano, Rufus Dustin, Dan Rutherford and Bruno Collins.
She is currently competing with her students in the Pro/Am division.