Dancing In The Dark Ages!!!
It’s festival time! Our theme this winter is Medieval!
There are so many opportunities to get involved in festival, and the best part is: everything you participate in benefits YOU. (and your instructor!)
So what happens first?
- Sponsorship – November 13-17 is Sponsorship Week. Sponsoring festival means that you partner with us to make this wonderful event happen! You can help your teacher be eligible for regional festival competition where they can win top teacher awards. Everybody wins when you sponsor!
How else can you get involved and get rewards?
- POINTS. Basically everything you do to participate in festival will earn you points. At the end of festival, points can be traded for raffles, prizes, and same-as-cash rewards. So be sure to participate in the following activities:
- Lessons, Group Classes, Buddy Lessons – Every time you come in to take any type of lesson, you get points! So make sure to call today and get your holiday lessons scheduled ASAP!
- Parties – Our Friday night festival parties are all themed. You get points for dressing up and/or participating! One party is a pot luck – bring your favorite tailgate food. Parties will have games, prizes, food and, of course, dancing!
- Guests* – Festival is a perfect time to bring in your friends to try out ballroom dancing! The whole month is full of fun, the studio is decorated, and bringing in guests benefits you and your teacher! Qualified guests* who sign up for the guest special = free lessons for you! See info on qualified guests at the bottom of this blog post.
- Dress-up/Daily participation – Now is the time to try out all our different group classes. Come in every chance you get to earn points. Also, check the festival calendar for that day’s theme. Dressing up and participating in that theme will earn you even more points!
Below is the Daily Participation Calendar. A hard copy will be handed out at the studio, so you can be prepared for each day’s dress-up theme. Below are suggestions for each and every day!
Sponsorship Week, Nov. 13-17
Sponsor festival and start earning points, prizes and helping your instructor win awards!
Take two buddy lessons during sponsorship week and we’ll waive your sponsorship fee!
Friday: Festival Kickoff Party (costume not required)
Week 1, Nov. 20-24: Medieval Colors
Monday: Black Death Day – Wear black
Tuesday: Dragon Day – Wear green
Wed.-Fri.: Closed for Thanksgiving
Week 2, Nov. 27-Dec. 1: Medieval Wars
Monday: Battles Day – Bring a weapon (sword, shield, bow, arrow)
Tuesday: War of Roses Day – Bring a rose
Wednesday: 100 Years’ War Day: Bring 100 of something
Thursday: Dungeon Day – Bring a paper chain
Friday: Peasant Party – Dress like a peasant
Week 3, Dec. 4-8: Medieval Games
Monday: Jousting – Bring a pool noodle
Tuesday: Hammer-Throwing: Bring a Hammer
Wednesday: Bowling: Bring a ball
Thursday: Chess & Checkers: Bring a game piece or wear a checkered pattern
Friday: Medieval Games Party – Prepare to do battle! No costume required
Week 4, Dec. 11-15: Medieval Royalty
Monday: King and Queen Day – Wear a crown
Tuesday: Jester Day – Wear a funny hat or bring a jingle bell
Wednesday: King’s Taxes Day – pay the King’s taxes with a coin
Thursday: Minstrel Day – Sing to your instructor
Friday: Royal Pot Luck Feast – Bring your finest fare and dress like royalty for double points!