Children’s Ballroom Dance Camp
Ballroom dance incorporates basic principles of movement that are applicable to many physical activities and has evolved into a sport. It is also a great way for kids to gain confidence among peers and get a taste of standards for social behavior, grace and poise, in a fun environment. Fred Astaire Dance Studios Tucson is all about developing young people to be active and contributing members of society and helping to forward development of social skills to build confidence and comfort in a social setting. Must be 10 years or older.
- 1 pair of Ballroom dance shoes
- 12 – 90 minute instruction sessions
- Semi-formal Graduation Ball open to parents and students
- Registration – Deadline May 19, 2017.
- Classes start – Tuesday June 6 (6 weeks – Tuesdays and Thursdays – Tentatively 1pm)
- Semi-formal Graduation Ball – Friday July 21, 2017
Each lesson will consist of dance basics, stretching and strength work, Etiquette, Training in Figures, and Social Dancing.
Week 1 – Introduction to Ballroom Dance
Hustle, Waltz, Swing
Week 2 – Smooth Dances
Hustle, Waltz, Foxtrot
Week 3 – Smooth Dances
Hustle, Foxtrot, Tango
Week 4 – Rhythm Dances
Merengue, Rumba, Cha-Cha
Week 5 – Latin
Merengue, Rumba, Salsa
Week 6 – Review, Preparation for Ball, Group dance
Week 7 – Graduation Ball (Semi-Formal) – Parents welcome!
Call today to register for this year’s program