JOIN US FOR OUR FIRST EVER FRED ASTAIRE
(Where you dance for money instead of run for money)
Friday, November 18
7:45 – 8:45 DANCE-A-THON
What is a Dance-A-Thon? It’s like an inner-studio competition
- Ask your friends, family, colleagues or corporations to sponsor you for your dances
- There will be 35 Heats of ALL DIFFERENT DANCES @ $30 Per Dance
- You may dance with any teacher AVAILABLE for that heat, or as an Amateur Couple
- Heats are available on a first come/first serve basis, meaning, when you bring in your sponsor money, you can sign up for (up to) 35 entries
- Any student with 20+ entries receives a Free T-Shirt
- $30 Per Entry – Make Checks Payable to Fred Astaire or FADS
- All entries must be paid in full by November 11
- A portion of every dance will be donated to the Montclair Human Needs Pantry – specifically, after expenses, the remaining money will be donated – this is a NOT FOR PROFIT for Upper Montclair. (teachers will be compensated – Christmas is coming)
- We will run the event like a competition, with NO COSTUMES, except maybe feathers
- Ask your friends and sponsors to come and cheer you on!
- All dancers, sponsors, spectators and other humans will be asked to bring one item for donation to the Human Needs Pantry – please read the DONATION NEEDS below
- IMPORTANT – there is no minimum – if you can get one person to sponsor you $30 you can enter one dance! You can also sponsor yourself! Don’t wait! Start today so you can pick your favorite teacher to dance!
- DEADLINE FOR PAYMENTS AND ENTRIES IS NOVEMBER 11
- OUT OF TOWN? WE’LL ACCEPT CHECKS MADE OUT TO HUMAN NEEDS PANTRY AND DELIVER IT FOR YOU
***DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES AND TICKET SALES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED***We are sorry but we cannot take entries, payments or sell tickets after November 11THERE CAN BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Sign up sheets look like this. There are 35 heats. Sign ups are on a first come first – first serve basis!
AFTER THE COMPETITION JOIN US
Friday, November 18
8:45 – 9:45 Fundraiser Party
$25 Per Person Plus a Donation from the
DONATION NEEDS list
A Portion of all Party Money will be donated to the Human Needs Pantry
On a personal note, I know this is Last Minute!
In my humble opinion, I believe the Fred Astaire Dance Studio Students and Staff will dive into this event with full force, meaning all of us, staff included, will work very hard to fill every single heat with 7 entries, 7 students. That means Heats 1-35 will have a student dancing with each Myself, Kostadin, Tim, Kaitlin, Erik, Margarita and maybe an amateur couple or two. Pair up and ask your fellow students to enter with you!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, I have written an email you can send to your friends and colleagues for your sponsor money. If you’d like a copy of that email to send to your friends, respond to this email or send me a private message to CBabcock@FredAstaire.Com
“Since 1982, the Human Needs Food Pantry has provided food, clothing, and other services to people in need who live in Montclair and neighboring communities in Essex County. Our diverse client base includes families and singles who are elderly, disabled, home-bound, unemployed, or underemployed (working poor). Eligibility is determined using federal guidelines, which base need on income.”
Donation needs: Please donate healthy (low-sodium, low-fat), non-perishable food, and check expiration dates. We cannot give out expired food. Other needed items: tall, handled paper grocery bags; diapers/pull-ups (open packs OK) and baby wipes; unopened toiletries and personal-care items (full-size or hotel-size); clean, like-new blankets, towels, and sheets; dog and cat food for our clients with pets; Ensure/Glucerna (or similar brands) for the ill or elderly. We will also gladly take NEW socks and underwear (all sizes; adult XXL most needed).
Rule of thumb for all donations: if you wouldn’t feel great wearing or using it, please drop it in one of the donation bins around town instead of giving it to us. We respect our clients too much to offer them items that are stained, ripped, or showing visible wear.