We could not be prouder of our professional couple – Mar Martinez and Clifton Sepulveda – who competed in the prestigious Blackpool Festival competition in London, England, representing the United States and Fred Astaire Dance Studio of West Palm Beach. Our couple placed in the Cabaret division in Blackpool in the Final, and placed 6th!!!
The Blackpool Festival held in May, known as the British Open Championships, is the largest of the five yearly festivals hosted there and celebrated its 90th anniversary! It took place from May 21-29 at the world famous Empress Ballroom, Winter Gardens.
Check out some of Mar and Clifton’s outstanding competition sucesses:
- Fred Astaire Novice and Mixed Novice Champions in 2013
- Fred Astaire Closed Rhythm Champions in 2014
- Fred Astaire Closed Smooth Champions in 2014
- Multiple Fred Astaire National Finalist in the Open Cabaret
- 4th in theOpen Cabaret “US National” Division at USDC in 2014
- 5th in the Open Cabaret “Open to the World” Division at USDC in 2014
- 1st Place in Open Cabaret at the Triple Crown in 2014 and 2015
- 1st Place in Open Cabaret at Grand Nationals in 2014
- 1st Place in Open Cabaret at First Closed Classic in 2014
- Invited to the Blackpool Festival in 2015 for the Theatrical Exhibition, placed 6th in the world
Thank you to everyone who helped out! We’re very proud of them and grateful to all the people who came out to support them!
View some photos from Blackpool below!