Ballroom and Latin Classes: Age 5+, Class Length 45 minutes, 8 week course plus 2 performances for parents to attend.
The introduction of ballroom and Latin dances begins at this tender age. We want a young child’s first experience with dance to be a safe and positive one. Student’s begin developing their gross motor skills using various types of music, steps, and their imagination. Class size limited to 15 students. If the demand grows beyond the class limits of 15 students, classes may be split or outsourced to bigger facilities.
Students enrolled in Ballroom/Latin Classes will perform at the Fall Starlight, tentative date, October 24, 2018 and have an in-house demonstration on October 18, 2018 at 8PM.
Class Time: Wednesdays, 3:30PM-4:15PM
Course Description: International Waltz- International CCC- General Group Dance- 8 courses, 45 min.
Dress Code: All Ballroom students are responsible for wearing the correct dress code for their class. If the student does not have the correct attire, the student may be asked to watch the class. All female students in ballroom class must have their hair up in a bun. See instructor for help if needed. For the students’ own safety there will be no jewelry worn in class, included watches, necklaces, dangling earrings.
Ladies: Black Leotard, Black skirt, Pink Ballet Tights, and Ballet or Open toed Latin shoes with Cuban Heel
Gentlemen: White Polo Shirt, Black Slacks or Dance Pants, Black Ballet or Ballroom Shoes
** Supplies available at Jazz Rags, 25701 Interstate 45, Unit #10A, Spring Texas, 77381** Upgraded dance wear available in Studio, please ask your instructor for more information.
General Information: Attendance Fall Semester
• First Day of Lessons: September 5, 2018
• Last Day of Lessons: October 24, 2018
Consistent attendance is expected and essential for a student’s successful progress.
Currently Make-up classes are not allowed.
Drop Off and Pick Up: Please do not drop your student off more than 10 minutes before their lesson. That time should be spent preparing for their lesson. Student must be picked up no later than 10 minutes after their lesson ends. We are not a day care facility and therefore are due to insurance reasons we are not equipped to watch your child outside of their lesson. NO children should be left unattended. In order for your child to receive the full benefit of this incredible class we kindly ask the parents not to be present during class, as we need your child’s full attention to guarantee full progress.
Inclement Weather Policy: The Studio closes when Conroe Independent School District closes due to extreme weather! If weather conditions worsen after 1:00PM contact the studio to confirm whether or not classes will be held.
Holidays – The Fall semester is currently not impacted by any national holidays.
Communicating with our Staff: We continue to have a open door policy. All questions and comments are encouraged. Keep in mind that most of our classes are back-to-back. Therefore our staff does not have adequate time in-between classes or discussions. Please, If there is an issue or a question that you need answered, let the front office know or send a message to the below email so an appropriate time, to meet, can be set up. We know there are issues throughout the year that come up and we want to be able to address them properly and give you the time you deserve to discuss them. Email: LPorter@FredAstaire.com
Registration and Financial Policies:
1. Registering for lesson at Fred Astaire Dance Studios is a commitment from September to October. We are not a month to month recreation. Therefore, tuition is based on that.
2. However, for convenience tuition is divided into 2-month installments, 50% due at registration and 50% due on October 3rd. Please don’t confuse the payment schedule with a month to month agreement. You are registering for a 8-week program and will be charged tuition regardless of attendance.
3. Tuition installments will be automatically debited from the account you’ve provided on the payment authorization form. These charges will be processed at registration October 3, 2018.
4. Currently enrolled Dancing thru Life students and active Fred Astaire Students will receive a 60% discount if already enrolled in a Dancing Thru Life Program.
5. Class registration will be first come, first served.
6. Classes will be closed once capacity is reached.
7. Returned check and insufficient funds charges will be assessed a $35.00 fee.
**************All Tuition and fees are NON-REFUNDABLE***********
In case of a serious injury or illness verified by a doctor’s certificate, refunds may be made at the discretion of Fred Astaire Dance Studio. There is no refund if you decide to withdraw!