At Fred Astaire Dance Studios®, it’s not only adults who enjoy the many benefits of ballroom dance lessons; we’re also experts at helping kids and teens discover newfound joy and confidence through kids’ dance lesson programs. Whether it’s a positive outlet for exercise and self-expression, or competitive ballroom dance instruction for those aspiring to be DanceSport Champions – our caring, talented, and fun dance instructors can help craft the perfect program.
Our Kids’ Dance Lessons Are a Positive, Fun Experience
Gone are the days when teen dances and cotillions gave young people their first exposure to social dance. Today, parents need to be more proactive about creating opportunities and environments that will help develop these social skills, and the confidence that comes from them – and we can help. From ballroom & Latin dance to line dancing, hip-hop, theatre arts, and much more, our programs help young people get active, stay healthy, develop grace and poise, establish goal-setting behaviors, and build confidence. And the best part is, they’ll have so much fun, they’ll want to keep coming back!
Our kids’ dance lessons program requires no prior experience.
- Open to kids & teens ages 10-17
- All skill levels are welcome
- Many types of dance programs available
- Skilled, caring & friendly dance instructors
- Environment is positive, affirming & FUN!
What Dance Lessons Can Offer for Children and Teens
Learning to dance is about much more than moving to the music.
- Are great exercise! Dance is a low-impact, high-energy, total body workout
- Encourage social interaction among peers & with adults
- Are a fun way to increase flexibility, core strength, stamina & posture
- Are excellent for improving balance, coordination, poise & grace
- Encourage goal-setting behaviors & goal attainment
The Range of Benefits of Dance Lessons for Children & Teens
Dance lessons have a great impact on not only children but also teenagers for the long term. Some of these many benefits are:
- Increased self-confidence & social skills
- Improved physical health, weight loss
- Enhanced hand-eye coordination
- Encourages good behavior, poise, grace & etiquette
- Aids in memory, focus & brain development
- Facilitates teamwork & healthy competition
- Makes meeting new people fun & comfortable
- Introduction to the arts can expand creativity and emotional development
Contact Fred Astaire Dance Studios® for Kids’ Dance Lessons
Contact us today about Fred Astaire Dance Studios®’s kids’ & teen dance lessons. We’ll work with you to craft a program that’s perfect for your child’s goals and schedule, and that meets your needs and budget. Together we can create ways to support our kids’ development, through the positive, transforming power of dance!