At Fred Astaire Dance Studios, it’s always exciting when our talented staff & students, and exciting events & locations are celebrated in the media! From local community stories to national news, our goal is to help share the inspiring examples of how the positive and transforming power of dance enriches lives – physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. Browse these links, and perhaps discover something new and engaging about dance. Then, step in to Fred Astaire Dance Studios and experience the joy and confidence that dance lessons can bring to your life.
Grand Opening Celebration at Fred Astaire Laguna Hills
Join Marcus Tener, owner of the Laguna Hills Fred Astaire Dance Studio, and his staff for a week-long celebration commemorating the Grand Opening of the newest Fred Astaire Dance Studio in southern California. The special events begin on Monday, May 9 and include multiple sessions of coaching, open-level workshops, parties, and a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Festivities culminate on Saturday, May 14 with a four hour celebration that begins at 5:00 p.m. and continues until 9:00 p.m.
Fred Astaire Dance Studio events tend to be packed with a combination of information and fun. Here is a quick look at what can be expected during the week of May 9 – 14.
- Monday, May 9th, the Laguna Hills studio welcomes professional dancer Nicole Wooding for a day of coaching and workshops. Ms. Wooding possesses many years of dance experience as well as experience in dance instruction. Her workshops and coaching sessions contain a variety of valuable tips on form and technique for dancers of all levels.
- On Tuesday, May 10th, everyone is welcome to bring a guest for the biggest birthday party on the block. Guests are also encouraged to bring dance shoes because no event at a Fred Astaire studio is complete without a group class and a dance party. This evening’s class focuses on the basics for beginners and ends with a dance where students, new and not-so-new, can practice those moves.
- Wednesday, May 11th, is the official ribbon-cutting ceremony with the Laguna Hills Chamber of Commerce. The ceremony begins at 5:00 p.m. and ends at 7:00 p.m. The Chamber of Commerce post indicates the actual ribbon-cutting begins at 6:00 p.m. Ceremonies will be followed by a complementary group class.
- On Thursday, May 12th, professional dancers Ryan Lockhart and Danelle Newman take over the floor. This couple, recently returned from an exhibition show in New Zealand, has been winning awards together across the country for nearly two years. This does not include the awards earned prior to the beginning of their partnership in 2014. In addition to heating up the dance floor in their Latin routines, these dancers possess a decade of experience in dance instruction and are an asset to dancers at any level.
- Friday May 13th Kasia Kozak, Latin champion and founder of Kasia’s High Heels Boot Camp, shares her expertise. Some of Ms. Kozak’s numerous awards include Rising Star Blackpool Champion, Emerald Ball Champion, California Star Champion, and Ohio Star Ball Champion. She earned many of her championship titles multiple times in each category. As passionate about teaching as she is about dance, Ms. Kozak brings a unique experience to dancers who take her classes.
- On Saturday, May 14, festivities draw to a close with a final round of games, performances, prizes, classes, and more. This four hour session begins at 5:00 p.m. and ends at 9:00 p.m.
Saturday might be the last day of the Grand Opening celebration, but it is far from being the last day of fun. Every month at Fred Astaire studios is filled with classes, lessons and events designed to enrich the lives of everyone who steps onto the dance floor.
A Portion of all sales will go to Alziehmer’s of Orange County