Fred Astaire Dance Studios Military Discount
At Fred Astaire Dance Studios, we’re proud to support American military service personnel with a special Military Introductory Offer on dance lessons for new students. For the exciting details, contact us today – and get dancing!
We recognize that those serving in the American Armed Forces represent a wide variety of ages, backgrounds and situations. We want to make it as easy as possible for everyone to experience the joy and benefits that dance can bring to their lives, especially those who work so hard to protect our freedoms here at home.
At Fred Astaire Dance Studios, everyone is welcome!
- Come on your own, or with a dance partner – we teach either way
- Active duty, reservist, retired and support employees – you CAN dance, regardless of your age, skill level or physical attributes
- Our skilled, compassionate, friendly Dance Instructors make lessons enjoyable & engaging
- Ballroom dance is great exercise, that’s also LOTS of FUN
- Get out of your shell, discover a new passion
- You’ll be on your way to confident social dancing after just one lesson
The many benefits of dance
There is an impressive list of documented physical, mental, social and emotional benefits of ballroom dance. Dance is a great low-impact workout; it has a myriad of physical and mental health benefits; dance can enhance your social life and increase self-confidence; dance reduces stress and depression; dance promotes relaxation; dance is a wonderful outlet for self-expression and creativity; and it’s FUN!! There is also a growing body of evidence that dance programs can also support veterans dealing with PTSD, by helping to promote well-being, self-confidence, and stress reduction. Here are a few resources with more detail on the therapeutic value of dance:
Veterans Find Support in Dance Programs (DanceUSA.org, 11/10/17)
Let’s Dance: A Holistic Approach to Treating Veterans With Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (MD Edge / Federal Practitioner, July 2016)
Contact us today, at Fred Astaire Dance Studios. Together, let’s get you started on your dance journey.