LEARN FROM THE WORLD’S LEADING DANCERS AND COACHES.
Your Fred Astaire dance instructors are the cream of the crop. They represent some of the best talent in the country. We believe in exposing our students and our instructors to new ideas and perspectives whenever possible. For this reason Fred Astaire proudly hosts some of the most talented, renowned and award winning dancers, coaches and choreographers from all over the world. Outside coaching from one of our guest experts will offer you new insight and ideas, and can take your dancing to the next level.
Many of our coaches are reigning world dance champions and several have been featured on hit television show such as ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ All are nationally recognized in the dance industry. If you’re serious about improving your dancing, sessions with Fred Astaire guest coaches are opportunities you must take advantage of.
We encourage you to contact us right away to schedule your time for a special coaching with one or more of these top ranked coaches at the studio this month!
Wednesday, August 28th – Ricky Bentzen
Ricky Bentzen is originally from Denmark, and represented his home country throughout his Amateur career. He was undefined Danish Latin Champion and 2-Time World Latin Semi-Finalist. In 2008 he moved to the United States, where he became part of Fred Astaire Dance Studios and began his Professional career as an American Rhythm Competitor with Albina A. Habrle.
- Danish Latin Champion
- 2-Time Youth Latin World Semi-Finalist
- 11-Time undefeated Fred Astaire Professional Open Rhythm Champion
- World Professional Open Rhythm Vice Champion
- 4-Time World Professional Rhythm Finalist
- 3-Time US Professional Open Rhythm Finalist & more!
- 11-Time Fred Astaire National Open Professional Rhythm Champion
- 3-Time US National Open Professional Rhythm Finalist
- 4-Time World Open Professional Rhythm Finalist
Wednesday, September 11th – Eduard Apolonov
Eddie specializes in all areas of International Latin, Standard, American Smooth, American Rhythm, as well as choreography for Showcases, Solos and Novelties. Eddie is a Choreography Specialist on Open Routines and coaches top competitive couples in the country.
- USA National Rising Star Champion
- USA Open to the World Rising Star Champion
- 1998 Top Rising Star Couple in the United States
- Open USA National Championship Finalist
- Ohio Star Ball Finalist
- Emerald Ball Finalist
- Manhattan Dance Sport Champion
- Millennium Dance Sport Champion
- Heritage Classic Champion
- Empire State Champion
- UK: Rising Star British Open to the World Championship Finalist
- Blackpool: Rising Star British Open to the World Championship Finalist
- World Class Adjudicator, NDCA
- National Judge, NDSA
- Bachelor degree of Choreography from University of Fine Arts, Russia
Saturday, September 14th & Sunday, September 15th – Markus Homm
Markus Homm is a former professional ballroom dancer specializing in International Style Latin. A DJ of dance and electronic music, his love of music prospered as he achieved such DanceSport titles as Professional German National Latin Champion and British Open Professional Rising Star Latin Champion.
- German Open Championships (GOC) Professional Latin Bronze Medalist
- International Championships Professional Latin Finalist
- WDC European Championships Professional Latin Finalist
- Blackpool Dance Festival Professional Latin Finalist
- Professional Latin WDC World Series Finalist
- German National Professional Latin Champion (2012)
- Killick Klassik Professional Latin Champion (2012)
- Grand Prix Professional Latin Champion (2012)
- Star Championships Professional Latin (WDC World Series) Champion (2012)
- German Cup Professional Latin Champion (2010)
- German Professional Latin Competition Champion (2009)
- 2-time Crystal Palace Cup Professional Latin Champion (2008-2009)
- Blackpool Dance Festival Professional Rising Star Latin Champion (2006)
- Leica Ball IDSF Open Amateur Latin Champion (2004)
- Yankee Classic Professional Open Latin Champion (2003)
- 9th Penang International Championship Open Professional Latin Champion (2002)
Source: WikiDanceSport – http://www.wikidancesport.com/wiki/20311/markus-homm
Monday, September 16th & Wednesday, September 18th – Michael Mead
Michael formed a professional partnership with Toni Redpath and developed a unique style that ultimately led them to setting a record by winning the Open Championships 4 years in a row (undefeated throughout) before retiring from competition in 2002. Michael Mead and Toni Redpath are based in San Diego and coach many of the U.S. top competitive couples, as well as judging for competitions and traveling the world doing shows.
- Four Time Undefeated U.S. Ballroom Champions: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- World DanceSport Classic Showdance Champions Finalists
- National Professional Rising Star Champions: 1998
- Canadian Open American Ballroom Champions: 2000, 2001
- National Showdance Championships Runners Up: 2001
Source: Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Mead
Tuesday, September 24th – Elena Grinenko
Known for her spot on the hit television show “Dancing with the Star,” Elena Grinenko brings the heat to the dance floor. After finishing her career as a professional ballroom dancer and taking the name of Undefeated National and World Champions in American Rhythm with her partner Tony Dovolani, she now shares her tips and tricks as a coach and adjudicator all over the country.
- Find out more by visiting: http://www.elenagrinenko.com/